"CTE319" and "wiki' / 'KWL' and 'wiki'.

I haven't heard about Wiki up today.  I want to learn to what extend can I can use this tool in my profession.

I think using personal web site with  students helps teach English.  How?  In my opinion, as we do in our course, each web site has its own vocabulary peculiar to them.  For example, I learned many words that I haven't even known its meaning like "embed, concordances, vocabulary profiling, data driven learning, locating podcast, text-to speech and etc.." I think these words and word phrases are specific to these tools that raised my awareness on what do they mean and how I can implement them in my teaching.  What we can infer from these lines above, by unconsciously I learned new vocabulary, I expended my vocabulary repertoire.  Moreover, most of these tools require from us to comment on post of other people, get interact and send the message that we want to send through these tools so in that case good communicative skills are essential.  To establish this, we need to first, improve our use of language; in my opinion, the more I wrote my blog, I realized that the better I become good at writing as well.  This means that, I both broaden my vocabulary horizon as student, writing, and communicative skills through the use of these personal blogs.  In addition to them, I think creating personal web site isn't limited with them.  These web sites allow us as teachers to give freedom each student to express themselves, get feedback from us in a flexible environment not.  There may be students like introverted; don't want to talk so much and I think these web sites give them flexibility to express themselves better than the class environment.

Interactivity is an important factor in the learning process so I would prefer to make my student be interactive by providing them pear works through using their personal web sites to both actively and autonomously do things and check others work as well.

I don't actually predict what others may think about using wiki but, to me, I found this site very useful as it enables teachers to categories specific tasks, create more than one group that their students can attend and process the lesson through the use of this site as this site has diversities within.  Teachers may not feel limited to create different group for various reasons.  They can arrange the site according to their interests.  They can create activities so that student can follow the activities by using wiki.


I actually feel that I can only talk about the advantages and features about using this site in teaching, but I don't think that I am now confident enough to teach to somebody else.  I think, to be able to be more confident, I should get accustomed to use this site ordinarily.  Then, I may feel confident as a consequence of my being experienced.

5 FEATURES OF USING WIKI
1) video uploading
2)organizing activities
3)provides collaborative settings for learning
4)creating groups blog
5)allows us to invite readers, writers and etc, it is open for public.

KWL
I have learned today, how using wiki can be assistant to my teaching.  (I wrote how I implement wiki into my teaching above.)
 
Here is the link of my wiki profile below if you want to visit

http://ayten.pbworks.com/w/page/61482616/FrontPage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KWL

IMITATION AND CREATIVITY IN THE LEARNING PROCESS