Web 2.0 Tool: Storybird


Web 2.0 Tool: Storybird


In this blog post you will find information on which tool I used to create my Second Conditional activity, the reason why I chose the tool that I chose and the how I will put into effect this application in my future profession.


First of all, I want you all to bear in your mind that there are very good tools with different functions which can meet your needs in your teaching profession especially when you want to create activities, exercises and test.  When it comes to what I did, I should tell that the link which is below helped me a lot to discover the varieties of tools that can be used in teaching which will provide me efficiency and effectiveness.   


When you access this site  "Web2.0 tools" you will see on the left side there are different kinds of categories related with the tools that you can use in your teaching. 

What I chose among them was "Writing Tools".   After, it will lead you to chose a tool, mine was "Storybird".  After I chose "storybird", it required me to "have an account".  After I did all instructions I "choose appropriate settings" for my story and "press the button says start a story" related to my topic which is "Second Conditional."  Those steps that I described above were what I did in order to reach that point.  Keep them as hints in case that you decide to use these tools =))  From that point, after I have given you all the instructions that you should follow I think I should give you the reason why I chose this tool.

   

The reason why I chose this tool is it is easy to create stories in different settings by using its features like "selection of pictures" that are given on the right and left hand.  This is one side, the other side is related with the quality of pictures.  Those who think among you to use this tool should know that this tool provide you "high quality images" that you will use in your story.  In addition to, you can "change you background colors" by given colors on the left side when you choose your cover picture.  However, there are limitations of this tool which are "not addition of musics into your slides" and "no addition of photoes from your computer".

  The another reason that I considered when I chose this tool is that it provides learners a content through the story.  This will make students to focus on the given specific setting and use specific language items appropriate to that setting.

 Here is the link of my story that I created for my topic that I selected which was Second Conditional.  (As there was no option like "embed", I have to give only the links for you to access my story.)

  • http://storybird.com/books/a-love-story-willy-and-linda/

    My aim with this story was to establish a setting for my students to focus on while they are doing the activity related with the Second conditional.  This story will enable my students to use the second conditional language item to do the fill in the blanks activity that I created for them by using Teacher's Pet tool as well.  

     

    Let me talk about the Teacher's Pet tool so that lighten you about this tool's advantages.  Teacher's pet tool is one of the rich tools that any teacher can use.  There are different kind of options that you can gain advantages while you are creating an activity for your students.  For example, I decided to create fill in the blank aactivity for my students by using Teacher's pet tool.  There are different activities that you can create beside fill in the blank activities namely: Crossword puzzle, matching puzzle, antonym and synonym questions, fill in the blank activities and etc.  These options that stated above are some pats of the Teacher's Pet's tools.  You can create different activities by using them.  This will make you be effective and efficient in your teaching profession.  They will provide you variety in your teaching as each of them has different kind of characteristics that can meet your needs.

     

here you can find a 2minute short descriptive video about how to use Storybird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KWL

IMITATION AND CREATIVITY IN THE LEARNING PROCESS